5-Year-Old Leads Blind Grandmother Safely Out Of Burning House

When Cloe Wood realized that the stove was on fire, she found her grandmother, told her to grab her shoulder and led her from the burning house.

In October, Cloe Wood’s pre-K class at Our Lady of Perpetual Help in Kenner, La., visited the Kenner Fire Department to learn about fire safety. That lesson would become invaluable as Wednesday, the 5-year-old led her blind grandmother to safety after their stove caught fire.

Cloe’s mom, Shone Arceneaux, told the news station that her daughter jumped out of bed and ran to her grandmother’s room.

Once she, her grandmother and her dog were safe, Cloe went door to door telling neighbors to call 911. Cloe’s mother had just arrived when she saw her daughter and mother standing outside.