Footage Shows How Quick A Mirror Can Cause A Fire

Shocking footage filmed by a horrified young woman shows how quickly a makeup mirror nearly started a deadly house fire as temperatures continue to rise in the UK.

The dramatic footage, filmed by Rebecca Thompson, captures the mirror creating a smouldering burn and thick smoke within seconds of being left in direct sunlight at the 25-year-old’s open window.

Data and planning consultant Rebecca awoke early on Sunday morning to enjoy the sunshine and left her bedroom to go for a quick shower.

But when she returned to her room when she noticed a funny smell and was shocked when she drew back her curtains to spot the plastic of her window frame was burning.