Fire Department Called To Put Out Car Fire Started By Rats

A family of rats chewed through wires in Brooklyn man Alec Steinfeld’s car, causing the vehicle to go up in flames as he was driving it in New York.

Alec Steinfeld had just left his place in lower Manhattan when he noticed something was a little off with his car.

‘I drove the car for about 4 miles out from my apartment when I began to smell burnt plastic and road kill.”

‘Then smoke started to pillar. I pulled over and got out of the car. My engine was done within 3 minutes. The fire department arrived shortly after.’

It wasn’t until he checked under the hood that Steinfeld got to the root of problem.

‘A family of rats camped out in my engine and ate through electrical wiring!’

LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS