The boring variety comes from the typical plain baked potato which has a slice down the center and a sliver of butter in it. Boring!
The customized baked potatoes will be cut and cooked in a certain way and then toppings like cheese and chives are added to delicious effect.
This is how to make a delicious baked potato. And believe it or not, it’s primarily all in the cutting! Forget about your single slice down the middle.
You are going to make several small cuts which will basically create little potato bits which are totally crispy and go along much, much better with all the different toppings you can place on them.
Here’s a step by step guide on how to create these amazing potatoes. You’ll learn exactly how to cut them properly, and how to top them off for incredible taste!
1. Grab a potato and slice the top off.
2. Using a small knife, carefully cut five or six concentric rings (the number of rings will depend on how big the potato is) inside the potato.
3. Flip the potato over and begin cutting all around the potato, as if you were cutting out the rays of a sun (avoid cutting the center!).
4. Flip the potato again and you should see the all the sliced up sections you’ve now created!
5. Drizzle your potatoes with olive and some salt.
6. Bake the potatoes for about an hour… here she is at 30 minutes!
…after one hour!
7. Now add some shredded cheese on top and continue to bake it for another five minutes.
8. Take a look at that!
9. Add whatever toppings you want! Bacon, sour cream, garlic butter… my mouth is watering just thinking about this!